Friday, June 18, 2010

Fireproof - the book

Fireproof

Eric Wilson
Based on the screenplay by
Alex Kendrick and Stephen Kendrick

Based on the movie by Sherwood Pictures, this book was written after the movie, so it follows exactly how the movie goes. Yeah!! But not only do you have the story and message of the movie, you have all of the background information that you wondered about but didn’t know. Details that give the story more feeling and more emotion and more substance (and they did a great job on doing that with the film).

Fireproof is the story of young fire Caption Caleb Holt and his wife Catherine. Caleb and Catherine are married, but leading very separate lives. The are both living for their own needs, apart from God and each other. With a divorce in the near future Caleb’s dad asks him how willing he is to save his marriage. and challenges him to take the next 40 days to do a “Love Dare” and learn to love his wife. Caleb takes the challenge grudgingly and we get to watch as he changes over the next days and weeks.

I LOVED the movie, so when I saw the book, I wasn’t sure what I would think of it, but I decided to give it a shot, and see what it was like. I really liked it!! I love how I could see the movie in my mind as I read it, but I wasn’t correcting it. I would recommend this a great weekend read!!

* Note, this is a book I found at the church library, and decided to share with you :) Sherwood Pictures, its author, the Kendrick brothers, Amazon, Thomas Nelson, etc have no clue who I am, and have not paid me to write this review (positive or negative)

No comments:

Post a Comment