Friday, June 4, 2010

Potty Training 123 - Gary Ezzo

Potty Training 123

What Works, What Doesn’t and Why

Gary Ezzo

A book designed to . . . you guessed it, Potty train, this book gives:

  • helpful advise on how to get started – tools and general guidelines
  • timing – are you ready, is your child, is the rest of the family, ect
  • incentives – they recommend food which I struggled with, but ‘input=output’. They also give suggestions on which food treats might work the best. Another thing that he recommends is a cheering section (grandpa and grandma, a favorite aunt or uncle, older siblings.)
  • when to give the incentives – rewarding more for ‘clean and dry’ than for ‘going’

The book is short, and detail packed, easily readable in one night, or snuck in over a few lunch breaks.

With 4 children (3 of which I have potty trained) I have to say I like this book! I did not use it with my first, I just guessed (it took him forever to get it). With my second I bought the book after a false start, and we had a bit of a problem, but he got it soon after I restarted with the principles of the book. With our third, I had already read the book, but I reread it, and jumped in excited to get it done fast!! We were accident free in about a week. (there were occasional accidents, but about 1 a week, so I would consider that accident free). I will soon (July or August probably) be training our fourth, and I am only waiting until then because baby makes 7 and I don’t want to false start with him. I don’t anticipate problems, and I am excited to work with him (even more excited to save the money that his diapers cost, and only need to purchase diapers for the new baby).

** Note: This review is being done because I want to. It was a book I purchased a while back (3 years ago) and have used with 2, soon to be 3, of my children. No one has paid me to write this review. I would highly recommend this book. Good Luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment